Introduction to Separation Techniques
- Identify and explain the principles behind a particular separation
technique that is used in daily life and in industry.
- Identify an appropriate separation technique to separate a mixture based
on the physical properties of the components of the mixture. These
properties include solubility, density, melting and boiling points, thermal
stability, magnetic properties and particle size.
Application of Seperation Techniques – How and Why
- Explain the need to use locating agents in the chromatography of colourless
- Interpret paper chromato grams, including comparison with known samples, including the use of Rf values.
- Design and justify an experimental procedure to completely separate a given mixture.
- To state some useful applications of separation techniques, e. g. production of silicon wafers for microchips using the method of crystallisation.
Link to Notes: