What is the Kinetic Particle Theory?
- Describe the solid, liquid and gaseous states of matter, and explain their inter-conversion in terms of the kinetic particle theory, and the energy changes involved.
- Use models to understand the behaviour of particles in the three states of matter.
- Compare and relate the characteristics of the three states of matter (solid, liquid and gas) in terms of the arrangement and movement of the particles.
Physical changes of substances with the Kinetic Particle Theory
- Explain the changes in state and their properties with the help of the KPT.
- Describe and explain evidence for the movement of particles in liquids and gases. Some examples are Brownian motion and diffusion.
Links to Notes:
- What is the Kinetic Particle Theory?
- Physical changes of substances with the Kinetic Particle Theory