- Define and give examples of elements, compounds and mixtures.
- Classify matter into elements, compounds and mixtures.
- Represent elements, compounds and mixtures using a model
Elements are substances which are made up entirely from one type of atom, regardless of whether the atoms are chemically combined together.Examples:
A compound is made up of two or more elements chemically combined in a fixed structure.
While a mixture composed of two or more elements or compounds which are not chemically combined in a fix structure. It may be made up of components which can be physically separated.
1. Create a flow chart about matter, elements, compound and mixtures with the words given.
2. Cut out the images provided and place them into the correct category in the empty space provided.