What are elements, compounds and mixtures?
- Define and give examples of elements, compounds and mixtures.
- Classify matter into elements, compounds and mixtures.
- Represent elements, compounds and mixtures using a model
What is an atom?
- Define and classify a molecule and an atom.
- Use and interpret atomic symbols, e.g. for C.
- Define proton/atomic numbers and nucleon/mass numbers.
- State the relative charges, and approximate relative masses of
protons, neutrons and electrons.
- Deduce the numbers of protons, neutrons and electrons given
the proton/atomic and nucleon/mass number.
What are the properties of different substances?
- Classify elements into metals and non—metals based on
- Deduce from the given melting and boiling points the identity of
substances and their purity.
Link to Notes:
- What is an atom?
- What are elements, mixtures and compounds?
- What are the properties of different substances?