1. A spoon is to be silver plated. Which one of the following gives suitable materials for the cathode, anode and electrolyte?
2. Aqueous copper(II) chloride was electrolysed using copper electrodes. Which of the following graphs best represents the change in mass of the anode with time?
3. An experiment on electrolysis is set up as shown.
Which of the following statements is incorrect?
A Both cathodes gain mass.
B pH of the electrodes increase after some time.
C The copper(II) sulfate solution remains blue.
D The ratio of silver deposited to copper deposited is 2 to 1 mole respectively.
4. In an electrolysis experiment, the same amount of charge deposited 16 g of copper and 6 g of titanium. What was the charge on the titanium ion?
5. Two electrolytic cells, A and B. were set up as shown below. The electrolyte in both cells is green nickel(II) sulfate solution of the same concentration. Cell A has two nickel electrodes, while Cell 8 has a nickel cathode and a platinum anode.
A steady current was passed through both cells for some time, and the results were summarized in the table below.Which statement about the reactions is true?
A Equal masses of nickel are formed on the two cathodes.
B pH of the electrodes increase after sometime.
C The green nickel solution in both cells decolorise after sometime.
D The remaining solutions left behind in both cells are acidic.