1. Which compound in solution produces a precipitate with aqueous ammonia that does not dissolve when an excess of ammonia is added?
A Copper(II) sulfate
B Iron(II) chloride
C Potassium hydroxide
D Zinc Chloride
2. Refer to the scheme below to identify the unknown.
3. Solution X contains a simple salt. The table shows the results of some tests on solution X.What is the name of the salt in solution X?
A iron(II) chloride
B iron(III) chloride
C iron(II) sulfate
D iron(III) sulfate
4. Refer to the scheme below to identify the unknown.
Which of the following could be solid X?
Solid X Gas Z
A Sodium hydroxide Water vapour
B Calcium hydroxide Water vapour
C Zinc nitrate Ammonia
D Aluminium nitrate Ammonia
5. When aqueous sodium hydroxide is added dropwise until in excess to an unknown salt solution, a green precipitate is formed and is insoluble in excess aqueous sodium hydroxide. The precipitate turns brown slowly.
Which of the following is the unknown salt?
A copper(II) sulfate
B iron(II) sulfate
C iron(III) sulfate
D lead(II) sulfate
6. When heated, solid P gives off a gas which forms a white precipitate with limewater. The residue reacts with dilute acid and also with aqueous alkali. What is P?
A copper(II) carbonate
B zinc carbonate
C zinc oxide
D copper(II) oxide
7. 1 cm3 of solution Q was added into two separate test tubes.
To one of the test tubes, an excess of aqueous sodium hydroxide was added
gradually. White precipitate which was soluble in excess aqueous sodium hydroxide was obtained.
To the other test tube, an excess of aqueous ammonia was added gradually.
White precipitate which was insoluble in excess aqueous ammonia was obtained.
What could solution Q contain?
A lead(II) chloride
B aluminium chloride
C calcium chloride
D ammonium chloride
8. In a qualitative analysis, reagent M is gradually added to a salt solution N (that contains either 1 anion or 2 different anions), followed by the addition of dilute acid. The graph shows how the mass of precipitate formed changes with the reagents added.
Which of the following combinations would produce the given results?